These were a nice compliment to the grilled flank steakwe had tonight. My son liked them so well that he ate 5 of them!! These freeze really well. Once you have filled the potato skins with the filling, freeze them on a cookie sheet until set; then wrap individually with plastic wrap. Place them in a gallon size freezer bag and you are ready to go.
More Taters Mom!
- 8 regular size potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- Place well scrubbed potatoes in a 400 degree oven and bake for about an hour (time will vary depending on the size of your potatoes).
- Cool for a few minutes.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl leaving about ⅛ to a ¼ inch on sides for stability; save skins.
- Add sour cream, butter, milk, salt, pepper, garlic and ½ cup cheese to the potato flesh.
- Mix with a hand mixer or potato masher until well blended and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the potato skins.
- Top each with remaining cheese.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.