My friend Janelle gave me this recipe. We’ve tweaked it a little and it has become a family favorite.
Frozen cheese tortellini makes this soup come together quickly. It only has to cook in boiling water for about 2 minutes.
It is rainy and cold here today. I’m not sure where our nice weather has gone. This comforting soup made the perfect dinner.
My husband and teenage boys don’t think soup is really a meal, so I add chicken to make it a bit more hearty. This is one they request.
I hope you like it too!
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10¾ oz) condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups milk
- 4 oz cream cheese, softenend
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, combine the soup, broth, milk, cream cheese, tomatoes and seasonings.
- Heat through, stirring frequently until cream cheese has melted.
- Add cooked chicken
- Drain tortellini; carefully add to soup.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired.