The whole family likes this recipe. Most of the ingredients are in my pantry at all times, so it is one of my fall back recipes for when I have not planned ahead.
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 6 oz (2 cups) uncooked pasta (we like the wagon wheel or bowtie pasta)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (14½ oz) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (11 oz) can corn
- 1 (11 oz) can green beans
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies, un-drained (optional)
- Mozzarella Cheese to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Cook pasta to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan brown ground beef; drain.
- Add all remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Gently stir in pasta; sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.