I Love these cookies. They always disappear quickly! The are so light and fluffy. The kids enjoy rolling them in the cinnamon sugar mixture for me.
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 C. shortening
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 2⅔ cups flour
- Beat together shortening, sugar and eggs.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Mix together.
- Pinch off a small amount and roll into a small ball (about 1”)
- Roll in cinnamon-sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Cookies are done when they are lightly browned.
Do not overbake or they will be crispy instead of soft.