Do you love the taste of S’mores, but not the hassle of the campfire?
You will love these cookies!
My sister and her family came to visit us here in Michigan. We had so much fun together. We went to the pool, the lake, the park, the candy store and more. Great memories were created with all 12 of us playing and spending time together. I wish Oregon and Michigan were a little closer together. Feeding that many people was an adventure, but great preparation for the Girls Camp I cooked for last week (more on that to come in future posts). I went looking for a fun new cookie recipe to try out on my visiting nieces and nephews. These S’more cookies were a hit!
These cookies are the perfect blend of some of my favorite flavors. They are crisp on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Just how I like them! It does call for a few ingredients you may not have on hand. I loved these so much, I plan to make them a part of my pantry staples.
The recipe calls for mini Hershey’s chocolate kisses. They are found in the baking isle by the chocolate chips. They are bigger than regular chips. If you can’t find them, the Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips will do nicely. My first thought of tweaking the recipe was to swap them out for mini chocolate chips to spread the chocolate flavor further. I’m so glad I didn’t. The bigger chips makes it easier to taste all the flavors you have going on. Mini chips would make it taste like another chocolate chip cookie.
Go for the good stuff!
You may be tempted to just use mini marshmallows. While this will work, you have to be sure they are not on the bottom or sides of the cookie or they will burn. I prefer to use Mallow Bits. They are like the mini marshmallows in hot chocolate packets. Who doesn’t love those? I found them on the top shelf by the marshmallows in my Meijer grocery store. There is enough in the container for a double batch.
Give these cookies a try. They may just become a favorite with you too!
- 10 Tbsp butter, softened
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- ¾ cup bread flour
- ½ tsp plus ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup mini Hershey's chocolate kisses
- ½ cup crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup mallow bits
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream butter and sugar. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add salt, baking powder, baking soda, cake flour and bread flour. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Stir in chocolate kisses, mallow bits and crushed graham crackers.
- Chill dough for 2 hours. This will chill the butter in the dough, but still make it workable.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop dough into even balls. My scoop makes them about the size of a golf ball.
- Place the dough about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Adapted from www.bakedbyrachel.com