We really loved these! If you have an addiction to the peanut butter chocolate taste these really hit the spot.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Button Cookies
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup peanut butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⅓ cup flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease baking baking sheets.
Chocolate Cookie Dough
- Cream butter, sugar, brown sugar and ¼ cup peanut butter.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Add baking soda, cocoa powder and flour; mix until blended.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap to keep from drying out.
Peanut Butter Filling
- Knead together ½ cup peanut butter and powdered sugar.
- Form into 42 marble size balls.
To shape each cookie:
- Roll chocolate dough into a 1 inch ball, flatten in the palm of your hand and top with a peanut butter filling ball.
- Wrap the chocolate dough over the peanut butter filling until it is completely enclosed.
- Roll dough into a ball, then slightly flatten again.
- Place on the greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with sugar.
- Bake cookies for 8 - 10 minutes or until surface is slightly cracked.
- Cool cookies on baking sheets for one minute before transferring them to a wire rack.