These are the rolls my mom always makes. I use this recipe when I make my chicken rolls too. They are light and tasty!
Mom’s Dinner Rolls By: Barbara Parry
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Bread
- 3 cups warm water
- ½ cup powdered milk
- 2 Tbsp active dry yeast
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 9 cups flour
- In large bowl or electric mixer, combine water and milk powder; stir until milk dissolves.
- Add yeast, honey, oil, salt and 5 cups of the flour; mix together. Add in 3 more cups of flour and mix in.
- Add remaining flour a little at a time.
- You may not need the full 9 cups.
- Mix until the dough starts to clean the sides of the bowl and feels soft and slightly sticky. Dough should be soft, not overly sticky, and not stiff.
- Knead for 5 minutes.
- Let dough rise until double.
- Separate dough into 4 balls.
- Roll out into 12 inch circle…lightly butter circle.
- Cut like a pie into 12 pieces. R
- oll up (not too tight), place on greased pan and let rise.
- Place tail down on bottom and place about ½ in. apart on pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 15-20 min.