We really liked this meal. It has a lot of flavor and was quick and easy to make. I adapted it a little from a recipe I found on www.owlhaven.net. She also has a great recipe for homemade taco seasoning.
Mexican Tortilla Skillet
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ packet taco seasoning
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, drained
- In a large skillet, add ground beef, garlic and taco seasoning; cook until beef is browned.
- Add tomato sauce, salsa, diced tomatoes, bell pepper and cut-up tortillas.
- Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. You can add a little water if it is too dry.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and serve.