These are on of the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever had. It is my brother-in-laws recipe. Thanks for sharing with us!
Sometimes I add some rolled oats to the batter too.
Mark's Joyous Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 C. flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ C. butter
- ¼ C. shortening
- 1 C. brown sugar
- ½ C. sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbl milk
- 3 Tbl light corn syrup
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- ½ C. chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream butter and shortening.
- Gradually add sugars.
- Mix together vanilla, eggs, milk and corn syrup. Add to creamed mixture.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts (optional).
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 10-12 min.
Options: I have varied using half milk chocolate chips and half peanut butter chips. Yummy!