Our family really likes these. They are a nice alternative to layered lasagna. Nice flavor and lovely presentation. These are nice to serve to guests.
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, low fat
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 egg whites
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (24 oz) jar pasta sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, mozzarella, ricotta cheese, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Spread a heaping ⅓ cupful over each noodle.
- Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Place seam side down in a greased baking dish.
- Pour pasta sauce over roll-ups.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Remove toothpicks and serve.
- I have used fat free ricotta cheese with good results. We often double this recipe.