Somehow I always think that Summer will bring me more time to catch up on things and relax a little. I am finding however, that every summer my life seems to get busier.
So now I am telling myself that when school starts and we are on a schedule, I will have more time.
I’m in denial, I know 🙂
Now onto a new recipe!!!!
I really, really LOVE Guacamole. I order a side of it whenever we go out for Mexican food. There are a ton of different variations to be found. I looked at several recipes online and began adding ingredients I thought my family would like. We were headed to an impromptu potluck with friends and this was my offering. It was a HIT and soon the bowl was completely empty! I am very happy with how it turned out.
I have halved this recipe for my boys and I. Believe me…I could eat the whole batch all by myself, but I am trying to be good 🙂
Avocados are good for you, right?!
- 4 ripe avocados
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp chopped chillies
- ½ cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Cut each avocado down the middle and split into halves.
- Remove the pit and scoop avocado out into a medium sized bowl.
- Smash up avocado with the back of a large spoon. You can make it smooth or leave it a little chunky. It's up to you.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir into avocado.
- Prepare to be happy 🙂
I always chop up the whole bunch of Cilantro and freeze half of it for later.