(Adapted from Brownies for Dinner who adapted it from Everyday Food)
We really enjoyed this easy version. You can add any protein you want to suit your taste or make it a meatless meal.
Easy Pad Thai
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 12 ounces dried, wide and flat rice noodles
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 4½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 squirt Sriracha (optional; add more to spice it up)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, separated and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts
- Soak noodles according to package instructions; drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, oyster sauce and Sriracha.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add green onion whites and garlic, stirring constantly until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add eggs and cook, scraping skillet with spatula until eggs are almost set (about 30 seconds). Transfer eggs to a plate.
- Add noodles, green onion greens, shrimp, and sauce to skillet. Cook, tossing constantly, until noodles are soft (about 1 minute). Add egg mixture and toss to coat, breaking eggs up gently.
- Serve noodles with lime wedges, topped with cilantro and peanuts.
- Watch your garlic closely. I had to throw mine out the first time around because I let it burn.
- Chicken is lovely in place of the shrimp.
- Bean sprouts are another nice addition.