Another favorite popcorn recipe from my childhood. This recipe is really easy and tastes really good. When the choice is up to me…this is the one I pick.
Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup peanut butter (you can use creamy or crunchy)
- In a large metal bowl, sort popcorn from kernels.
- In a heavy sauce pan, combine sugar and corn syrup; bring mixture to a boil stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter.
- Stir until peanut butter is melted.
- Pour over popcorn and stir until coated while turning and scraping the bottom of the bowl.
- Form into popcorn balls.
This recipe makes about 12 popcorn balls.