These are so easy and so yummy. They are a great dessert for us because we almost always have all the ingredients on hand. Thanks to my friend Anne for helping me figure out the drizzle!
Coconut Macaroons with Chocolate Drizzle
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 ½ cups flaked coconut
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk, divided*
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Mix together the coconut, flour, salt, ⅔ cup sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. The batter is thick.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. These will not spread out much, so you should be able to fit them all onto one large cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Melt together the remaining ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate chips.
- Drizzle over macaroons
- * I used fat free sweetened condensed milk and they turnout out lovely.