This recipe was well received by everyone. It has a slight kick with the chili powder. Both my husband and the kids really liked it. It smelled so good while it was cooking, we were ready to dive in by the time it was done.
Slow Cooked Italian Chicken
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 4 – 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (14 ½ oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (14½ oz) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped in wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ cup cold water
- (Cooked Pasta or Rice)
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, green pepper, onions, garlic and seasonings; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until a meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Pour cooking juice and vegetables into a large saucepan. C
- ombine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into juices.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Serve over chicken and pasta or rice.