I wanted a creamy pesto sauce for my pasta and chicken, but I didn’t want it to be too heavy. I’m quite happy with the results. The whole family enjoyed it.
Pesto Chicken Alfredo
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 lb package fettuccini noodles
- 1½ Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb chicken, cubed into bite size pieces
- 1 (14 oz) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1½ Tbsp flour
- 8 oz ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp prepared pesto (you can add more if you want a stronger flavor)
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink inside.
- Set chicken aside and keep warm.
- Cook pasta as directed.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken broth and flour in a medium saucepan.
- Add cream cheese, parmesan cheese and prepared pesto.
- Cook 2-4 minutes until sauce thickens a little.
- Stir with a whisk to prevent burning on the bottom.
- Add cooked chicken to the sauce.
- Mix cooked pasta with the sauce and serve.