We really liked this one. Even my kids who do not care for sweet potatoes had more than one serving. The Orange makes this dish taste special.
Definitely a keeper!
Orange-Glazed Roast Chicken Breasts with Sweet Potatoes
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Main Dish
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
Chicken and Vegetables
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut in 8 wedges
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, cook basting sauce ingredients over low heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until marmalade is melted.
- Place chicken breasts in a 9x13 baking dish; brush with half of the basting sauce.
- In a medium bowl, toss sweet potatoes and onion with oil; place around chicken.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, soak cranberries in ¼ cup orange juice.
- Brush chicken and vegetables with basting sauce; stir gently to coat vegetables with pan juices.
- Sprinkle cranberries over chicken and vegetables; drizzle with the remaining juice.
- Bake about 20 minutes longer or until chicken reaches 165 degrees and vegetables are tender.