This recipe is a product of the last minute “What’s for dinner mom?” dilemma. It had been a crazy day and I was hunting through my cupboards and refrigerator to find something to throw together. We really liked the result and it was nice to use up some of my leftovers at the same time.
Some of us ate it as is, some rolled it up in a tortilla and some used it to make taco salad. It’s a nice versatile meal.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced cilantro, tortillas, salad, tortilla chips (optional)
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 jar (7 oz) roasted red peppers, drained & sliced
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can (8 oz) enchilada sauce
- In a large skillet scramble eggs and cook until set. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet sauté chopped onion and garlic until onions are softened.
- Stir in chicken, rice, beans, peppers, corn and enchilada sauce; cook until heated through.
- Stir in reserved egg.
- You can top with some minced cilantro if desired.