This is my friend Julie’s recipe. We had it for dinner on a busy day last week. It was really quite delicious. Thanks Julie!
Julie’s White Chicken Chili
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped chilies
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 (48 oz) can Great Northern Beans*
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa
- 3 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- mozzarella cheese
- In a large soup pot, bring ½ cup chicken broth to a boil.
- Add onions and saute briefly.
- Add garlic and gook until onions look clear.
- Mix in chilies, cumin, beans, oregano, salsa and remaining broth.
- Bring to a boil; stir in chicken.
- Bring to a boil again, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top
- I cooked my own dry beans to use in this recipe. It takes 1 pound dry beans to make the right amount.