This recipe is another favorite. We use tuna, but you could use canned chicken if your family prefers it. I’ve included a recipe for easy biscuits. Sometimes when I’m in a hurry I will buy and bake the ‘biscuits from a can”
This is my middle child’s favorite meal. It is just comforting.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ to ½ cup milk
- ¼ C. butter4 tbsp flour
- 1 C. Milk (can add more)
- 1 can tuna3-4 boiled eggs, cut up
- 1 C. frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix dry ingredients. Cut in butter. Slowly add milk and mix. Dough will be slightly sticky.
- Roll out until ⅓” thick. Cut into biscuits (can use a glass to cut out), and place on an ungreased baking pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 11 to 12 minutes. Yields 16 biscuits
- Melt butter and add milk. Slowly add flour while mixing to create a white sauce. Add tuna, eggs and peas. Salt and pepper to taste. Heat through and serve over biscuits.