We love this recipe. It is full of fresh ingredients. It makes a big batch. I love to make it in the summertime.
Colorful Chicken Fettuccine
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 10 oz uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1 can (14 ½ oz) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan sauté carrots for 1 minute. Add peppers and broccoli; sauté 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, lemon juice, salt and thyme until blended; stir into vegetables.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Drain fettuccine; place in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken, vegetable mixture and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat.