This is one of the first recipes I learned to make when I was first married. It’s been a favorite ever since.
Chicken and Zucchini with Garlic Cream
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Main Dish
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- ⅓ cup green onions
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ tsp minced fresh garlic
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 10 ¾ oz can chicken broth
- ½ tsp pepper
- In a large skillet, melt ¼ cup butter until sizzling; add chicken breasts.
- Cook over medium high heat until chicken is browned and fork tender.
- Add zucchini and onions.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is crisply tender (about 5-7 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt 2 Tbsp butter until sizzling; add garlic.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 1 minute.
- Add flour; continue cooking until smooth and bubbly.
- Add remaining garlic cream ingredients.
- Continue cooking, until sauce is thickened.
- Serve zucchini and chicken over rice; pour sauce over chicken.