This soup is one of my family’s favorites. My mom created it after having something similar in a restaurant.
Chicken Almond Soup
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Soup
- 3 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- ½ cup butter, divided
- ¾ cup flour (see tips below)
- 2 quarts ½ & ½ (I use fat free)
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 6 potatoes, cooked and diced
- ⅓ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ tsp sage
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a small, pan sauté onion in 2 Tbsp butter.
- In a large pan, melt remaining butter over medium heat and stir in flour.
- Slowly stir in milk and chicken broth (use a wisk).
- Cook until thickened while stirring to prevent scorching on the bottom. Add cooked potatoes, chicken, onions, almonds, chicken bouillon and sage.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Tips: This meal is really quick and easy if you use the chicken from a rotisserie chicken and frozen cubed hash browns. You may need more or less flour depending on whether you use regular ½ and ½ or the fat free.