I love a bit of southwest flavor and these baked taquitos really hit the spot!
My whole family loves them so I usually make up a big batch.
They are really easy and better for you than the fried version.
- Serves: 9
- Serving size: 2 taquitos
- Calories: 254
- ⅓ cup reduced fat cream cheese, softenened
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp sliced green onions
- 1 lb cooked shredded chicken (about 2½ cups)
- 1 cup grated reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 18 6-inch flour tortillas
- kosher salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese, salsa, lime juice, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, green onions, chicken and cheese until thoroughly mixed.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Place about 2 Tbsp of chicken filling in a line across the middle of the tortilla.
- Roll up as tightly as you can.
- Place taquitos seam side down on a greased baking sheet. It is best if they do not touch each other.
- Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray (I like to use an olive oil cooking spray) and sprinkle the tops with a little Kosher salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the ends start to get golden brown.
Adapted from www.thegirlwhoateeverything.com