This caramel can be used to dip apples whole or in slices. I also use it to top doughnuts.
Author: Cooking up a Project
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Dash of Salt
- 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Melt butter in a 2-qt saucepan.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Stir in sweetened condense milk.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until candy thermometer reaches 245 degrees.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
To dip apples
- Wash and dry 10-14 tart apples.
- Dip apples in caramel mixture.
- Refrigerate until firm (10 min.)