I am a Harry Potter fan. I love the books, I love the movies, I love the behind the scenes, interviews and funny memes. Recently I discovered a fabulous new project. Jennifer Ofenstein has created paper pieced quilt patterns to make a Harry Potter quilt. Awesome, right?
I have been busy making baby quilts for friends and family. Today my sister in law had a baby GIRL!! Yes it really does deserve to be all in capitals. Our family (on my husband’s side) has had 13 grandchildren. My daughter was the first grandchild and the only girl until today 🙂 There are now 14 and we get to add this precious little girl. She deserves an extra dose of celebrating! We are very excited!
Since we did not know if she would be a boy or a girl, I made two quilts and another girl quilt for a friend. My other Sister in Law Kimberly described our sewing skills the best. She said “We can sew squares and rectangles.” I’m not very skilled with my sewing machine, so I started with the basics.
I bought a book called Super Simple Quilts. It showed me step by easy step how to make these pieced quilts. It told me exactly how much fabric to buy, how to cut it and how to piece it all together. I’m really happy with how they turned out. They really were pretty simple. I did have my friend Janelle come over and show me how to bind them. The book does explain this, but I needed a little extra help 🙂
These are a few of the blankets I have made:
I am preparing to go to a week long girls camp as a cabin counselor. I am looking forward to it with one little exception…BUGS…Spiders most especially.
I saw a really cute adjustable headband in a craft boutique recently. It said it would adjust from a child to adult size. I must have a big head because it in no way fit me. (No making fun of me now…) I liked the concept however. I love headbands, but they tend to give me headaches or slide right off my head. I played around with a few different methods and this one worked the best for me.
When my daughter was asked to Prom this year, we went searching for a modest dress. This proved to be a difficult task. We could not find anything in the stores that would work. They were also really expensive. $150.00 for a dress I would have to alter was too much. So, we improvised… Continue reading